Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Labeling Theory

When writing my assignment I choose to merely my rationality on labeling sup scene. The first hold I choose ground itself on how by dint of attaching labels to individuals it changes societies erudition of how physically engaging they argon. The write Kowner did a variety of studies to forecast if this theory was true. Kowner found that non only did labels of deviance solution how attractive an individual was just now an individuals sexuality and mental posit were also considered. This left me wondering(a) wether or not purchase order did let deviants less attractive which is a inquiry I had not recognized myself request previously when studying labeling theory. I found myself adverting deeper into the lives of deviants whilst indicant this article and saw things from a different perspective that hadnt already been shown to me. I discovered that when being taught about labeling theory I am plainly only asked to fancy it. never am I postulate to put myself in the position of the deviant and this was something that whilst reading through the article I had just about definitely found. In particular, I discovered that in japan whither the experiment was based that the comment of deviance varied to what it is hither in the UK.\nDue to this, umpteen would question wether the bases of the study atomic number 18 relevant or change surface reliable when stressful to understand how labeling theory effects those here in the UK. But, As eer within sociology I find myself required to look beyond what is asked of us and to see further meanings of the topic in question to greater my understanding. I supposition it was extremely interesting that when trying to see if their hypothesis of deviants being less attractive the researchers asked students to look at a dumbfound of photos and to rate them according to their attractiveness. When doing so the researchers are seeing if the students sterile view of individual who is deemed to be deviant m eans that they are less attractive than someone who does not fulf...

No comments:

Post a Comment