Friday, October 18, 2019

Genogram Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words

Genogram - Essay Example I became overweight as a child and still as an adult. However, my weight never impaired my abilities to function as I have always had many friends. My aunts and uncles on my father’s side exhibit symptoms of poor diet and low activity. Perhaps learning this behavior was modeling others in my family. Yet I have always considered myself to be a happy individual. This pattern was not something I notice until I performed a geneogram. My sister and I both had our first child at a young age. I believe genetics placed an increase stress on both of our pregnancies. My mother, sister and I all carry the gene that is associated with the development of sickle cell. My mother currently suffers from this disease. Knowing that this disease is present in the primarily females in my family brought an increased stress on both mine and my sister’s pregnancies. My niece was later born suffering from sickle cell. My maternal grandparent’s first child died shortly after birth. However, the cause of death was never quite known in full. In further my stress levels were elevated during pregnancy as I had began my second year of college. During this time period I was told that my daughter suffered from Down syndrome. This was concluded through an ultrasound. Due to my religious background I decided that I would not participate in an amniocentesis test or terminate my pregnancy as this is what the doctor advised. A mira culous blessing occurred when I delivered my son via c-section to discover that he did not have down-syndrome, or any form of a disorder. Instead I had a healthy baby that was perhaps the greatest blessing in my life. Perhaps I am most thankful for the religious upbringing my family provided me. If it were not for these religious beliefs I may not have had the greatest blessing in my life, my son. Further examination of my geneogram demonstrates the strong genetic tendencies towards diabetes exhibited in my paternal genetic composition. The genetic tendencies

No comments:

Post a Comment